We are pleased to announce the 22.2 release of Tower. This release brings a wealth of improvements to user-interaction and management of pipelines.
Tower labels to organize runs
Tower now provides an answer to the users needs for categorization and retrieval with the introduction of Labels. Tower Labels are free text annotations that can be attached to Tower entities like pipelines, actions, or workflow runs either during or after creation.
Labels help organize the runs in a workspace, they facilitate project management by enabling categorization, search and retrieval of key content.
Complex run filtering
Tower 22.2 enables easy run retrieval with complex queries. Together with the categorization allowed by labels, users can now filter runs with complex queries using a combination of free text with keyword:value filters, such as the run status or the launch date intervals.
Detailed information can be found here https://help.tower.nf/22.2/labels/overview/
Tower Forge support for DRAGEN
We have extended the [Tower Forge](We have extended the Tower Forge feature for AWS Batch to support DRAGEN. Tower Forge ensures that all of the appropriate components and settings are automatically provisioned when creating a Compute Environment for executing pipelines.) feature for AWS Batch to support DRAGEN. Tower Forge ensures that all of the appropriate components and settings are automatically provisioned when creating a Compute Environment for executing pipelines.
When deploying data analysis workflows, some tasks will need to use normal instance types (e.g. for non-DRAGEN processing of samples) and others will need to be executed on F1 instances. If the DRAGEN feature is enabled, Tower Forge will create an additional AWS Batch compute queue which only uses F1 instances, to which DRAGEN tasks will be dispatched.
Full details are available in the (https://help.tower.nf/22.2/supported_software/dragen/overview/)
Enhanced reports view
Available reports are listed in a Reports tab on the Runs page. Users can select a report from the table to open or download. See more detail here(https://help.tower.nf/22.2/reports/overview/)
- Tower agent accepts local paths for pipeline repositories;
- Custom run name improvements suggestions for relaunch without resume;
- Visualization of used datasets in the run details;
- Enable maintainers to create workspace secrets;
- Elements deletion dialog boxes harmonized;
- HPC: propagate head-node cluster options to child nodes;
- AWS: support for CodeCommit credentials and repositories;
- Bump base image nf-jdk:corretto-11.0.15_up2;
- Bump Java 17 for backend base image;
- Suggest random workflow run name on relaunch;
- Bump nf-launcher:j17-22.04.3;
- Bump nf-jdk:corretto-11.0.15_up1;
- Upgrade to Micronaut 3.4.x;
- Disallow relative path workdir;
- Add KMS permissions required by EBS autoscale;
- Add support for redis auth/elasticahce;
- OpenAPI specs improvements to release a new SDK.
For a constantly updated list of fixes and improvements, see here
- Can’t re-launch failed workflow without commit;
- Prevent IllegalArgumentException on empty config file;
- Compute environment not visible when viewing actions;
- Fix missing dataset in workflow run page;
- Fix env variable validation on cancel;
- Fix perms for encrypted bucket;
- Fix workflow and progress load null timestamps;
- Fix Nginx proxy pass decoding;
- Fix issue download report with blanks;
- Fix invalid escape of blank chars in URL [ci fast];
- Incorrect navigation when clicking back arrow when viewing credentials;
- Rename duplicate id generator name;
- Suggest valid runName when launcher resumes;
- Set dataset file mime type depending on file extension;
- Update CSP to allow host URLs for frames and workers;
- Error when trying to remove unexistent csv renderer options component.